Summary
Education World's Tech Team has done it again, providing teachers with another article pertaining to the use of technology in the classroom. The article includes teacher's testimonials of authentic technology use inside their classrooms that promotes conceptual learning while increasing tech skills of students. Also, there are ideas for specific programs and website applications to be used inside the classroom. The article ends with information for teachers and administrators emphasizing what makes a comprehensive and detailed technology program successful.
Review
This article reiterates the need for authentic use of technology in the classroom like David Bowman's article I previously reviewed. Again, I agree that improvement is needed to promote appropriate technology use. I believe this article has many more practical ideas for teachers to integrate. In addition to ideas, I appreciate the focus on what teachers can do if word processing is the only computer technology available to them, showing that technology does not have to be the latest and greatest gadget but something that transforms knowledge.
Starr, L. (2003). Technology integration: ideas that work. Education World Technology Team, Retrieved from http://www.educationworld.com/a_tech/tech/tech176.shtml
No comments:
Post a Comment